Remote & Telnet
Lots of Features, Still Easy to Use
This is a list of the Big ones and the Small and Important ones that shouldn't be overlooked either!
Overarching Design Principles
- LiquidFiles should be Easy to Use for End Users and Administrators alike.
- You shouldn't need to read a manual to perform basic operations like sending and receiving files.
- You shouldn't need to read a manual to perform the basic setup and configuration.
- LiquidFiles is built to be Self Administrating, as far as possible and practical.
- LiquidFiles is Secure out of the box.
- LiquidFiles is Fast and Lightweight.
- LiquidFiles follows general standards and conventions for how things "should" be done.
- LiquidFiles should Integrate Well into your environment.
- LiquidFiles should Delight your Users, Clients and Administrators.
Sending and Downloading Files with Ease
- Uses a simple, easy to understand, webmail-like interface for sending files.
- Unlimited Files Size.
- Modern HTML 5 upload mechanism where supported.
- Automatic Fallback to HTML 4 where needed.
- Support for the 4 major browser vendors with their last 2 major releases (last 3 for Internet Explorer).
- Splits files in 100Mb blocks during uploads to get around proxy limitations.
- No Flash, Java or any other plugin used to send or download files.
- No browser tweaks or browser reconfiguration required to send or download files.
- Each message is sent with an expiration date, the message can't be viewed and the files attached will be automatically deleted on expiration.
- Messages can expire on a certain date or after a set number of downloads.
- Multiple files can be automatically zip'ed and downloaded as one zip archive.
- Can set forwarding permission to control who other than the specified recipients should be able to download the files.
- Can limit message size on a per group or per user basis.
- Can BCC myself (to add to my email clients Sent folder).
- Can send files that has already been sent again without re-uploading.
- Can block files based on file extension, or only allow files to be sent with certain extensions.
Receiving Files as easy as possible
- Users can Receive files from external parties with no prior registration.
- Users can Request files from external parties that won't need to register to send files back from the request.
New in v3.2:
- Ensure that the email validation links doesn't expire until after the 60 minute timeout.
- Fixed a problem where the `ft` command line sometimes wouldn't work.
- Better handling of API requests with invalid syntax.
BTSoftware BV has partnered up with IronSoftware
BTSoftware BV and Iron Software are now partners