With Help+Manual, you have a documentation tool that is as easy to use as a word processor, yet much more powerful! The learning curve is short. While it is as easy to use like Word, Help+Manual gives you the full power of a true WYSIWYG XML editor.
There is no real need for day-long training classes (though we offer them, too). Help+Manual puts all tools that you need for writing documentation at your fingertips.
Focus all your energy on writing and immediately get productive!
This is combined with powerful features for generating and editing help and documentation files, including full support for multimedia and complex modular projects.
One Source, Multi-Channel Output
Whether you publish documentation for desktop or mobile, iOS or Android, Windows help or PDF user manuals, it is always a breeze with Help+Manual!
But single source is much more than just outputting the same information to different formats. Mark content with conditional tags to create different outputs for each publishing channel - no post-processing is required.
Help+Manual handles the complexities of documentation generation for you. Power users, however, can get under the hood and manipulate topic and layout templates and more. Help+Manual gives you the best of both worlds.
Power Features for Power Users
Help+Manual is much more than a help authoring and documentation software, it is a full suite of tools. Everything you need is included in the price, along with free support.
- Teamwork and multi-user editing? Check!
- Integrated Version Control? Check!
- Translation management? Check!
- Image tools and project management? Double Check!
New Features in version 7.3.0
- TidyXML implemented (see above).
- Project Report: Remove Unused Images option implemented. When running the 'Full Project Report', it displays a list of apparently unused images. There is a new button per image folder to move these images to a backup folder.
- AuthorIT Import: embedded images are now supported.
- PDF: new option implemented to embed TrueType collections as Type3 fonts. TrueType collections are multiple fonts in one font file and cannot be embedded as TrueType (example: 'MS Gothic').
- Syntax highlighter configuration dialog: option to save/load a configuration added.
- Insert Link dialog box: when editing Internet Links, the dialog behaves more intelligently.
- The function Rescue Copy has been moved from backstage view to the 'Save As' function.
- Style combo, Font and Font Size combobox: dropdown lists have been made longer.
- Webhelp: XSS vulnerability fixed - all skins and default settings now handle direct context sensitive calls extremely strict, to prevent any form of cross-site scripting.
- Improvements for high-res 4K monitors
- PDF/Print: some rare line break problems fixed. Improved widow/orphan control at the beginning of topics.
- PDF: PNG images with < 24 Bit color depth in PDF: these images were not transparent in the PDF file.
- Word/DOCX: page breaks at the beginning of a topic are now placed before the topic heading and not between heading and text.
- Word/DOCX: Several Wingdings bullets symbols did not work on non-ANSI Windows (e.g. Hebrew, Polish, Chinese, Russian).
- Word/DOCX: links to topic names longer than 43 characters did not work.
- Word/DOCX: an empty topic body was exported as 1 blank line, which is now suppressed (similar to PDF).
- PDF Manual Designer: pasting a topic text placeholder somewhere else but at the topic band caused an error.
- When changing a topic ID, references in secondary TOCs were not changed.
- Bullet symbols on Hebrew Windows: Wingdings #250 did not work.
- Image maps in responsive images with % width of page: optical glitch fixed, the hotspots had a small vertical offset.
- XSLT style sheet for XML file rendering in browser: small bug fix for image search path - a relative image search path that was outside the project folder was not correctly resolved.
- Webhelp: inline videos (MP4) were reset when clicked twice. A second click must stop the video instead of restarting it.
- Insert Picture dialog: the padding window has improved positioning on small screens. The dialog now remembers alignment, HTML class, zoom and padding for new images.
- HTML Help/CHM: Optical glitches in standard CHM-skins fixed.
- Webhelp: when a blank line contained exactly 2 blanks.
Premium Pack 3.3 Update
Together with Help+Manual 7.3 we have also released version 3.30 of the Premium Pack add-on. This update brings a major improvement to the Premium Pack Toolbox utility, adding a powerful new feature called Normalize Project Styles. This new tool can save you many hours of manual work when importing formatted text from HTML and CHM.
Version 3.30 of Toolbox also includes a feature for transferring your personal configuration from an old skin to a new one. You can select from ten different settings groups with previews to copy exactly what you need to an updated skin.
In a maintenance update to the skins themselves, a number of issues reported by users have been corrected. The formatting of drop-down menus in the CHM skins has been improved. All WebHelp skins now have an option for removing the 'Score/Hits' line below each search result.