dotConnect for Oracle, formerly known as OraDirect .NET, is an enhanced ORM enabled data provider for Oracle that builds on ADO.NET technology to present a complete solution for developing Oracle-based database applications. It introduces new approaches for designing application architecture, boosts productivity, and facilitates the development of database applications.
Fast and Advanced ADO.NET Provider
dotConnect for Oracle offers both high performance native connectivity to the Oracle database and a number of innovative development tools and technologies. It supports a wide range of Oracle-specific features, such as Advanced Queuing, Alerts, Pipes, Direct Path Loading, Change notifications, Transparent Application Failover, REF cursors, objects, packages, and others.
dotConnect for Oracle provides a vast number of GUI tools that increase your productivity. It integrates into Visual Studio Server Explorer and other tools, and provides advanced visual component editors to simplify component tweaking. DataSet tools, such as DataSet Wizard, DataSet Editor, DataSet Manager, provide you an easy way to create and edit typed and untyped DataSets.
dotConnect for Oracle offers enhanced ORM support with a bundled visual designer for ORM models - Entity Developer. dotConnect for Oracle supports ADO.NET Entity Framework, NHibernate, and LinqConnect (formerly known as LINQ to Oracle) - our own ORM solution, closely compatible to Microsoft LINQ to SQL, while extending its functionality with its own features.
dotConnect for Oracle Editions
dotConnect for Oracle is available in five editions: Developer, Professional, Standard, Mobile, and Express.
- The Standard Edition represents a fully-featured ADO.NET data provider with design time support and advanced classes.
- The Professional Edition adds more classes, tools, technologies, and integration capabilities.
- The Developer Edition combines the whole featureset with including dbForge Fusion for Oracle Standard Edition, an advanced add-in for designing databases and easily managing data and schema objects from your IDE.
The Mobile Edition is equivalent to the Standard Edition for .NET Compact Framework.
LinqConnect (formerly known as LINQ to Oracle)
- The possibility to use .IsRowVersion() method for properties with non-binary data types when using the fluent mapping approach is added
- The Parent property is added to the IInheritanceConfiguration interface
- The support for materialized views is implemented
- The Use ObservableCollection property of the DbContext template is implemented (Entity Framework models)
- The behaviour is changed: now the 1:1 and 1:0..1 associations are displayed differently on the diagram
- The overloads for Contains and Matches methods are added to the OracleTextFunctions class for using full-text search with the binary columns
- The config.QueryOptions.TrueValueNumber configuration option is added to specify SQL generation for True values (either equal to 1 or not equal to 0)
The spatial constant functionality is implemented
What's new in version 9.12.1064
- The performance of fetching data in the Direct mode is improved
- The bug with throwing "ORA-03106: fatal two-task communication protocol error" on SELECT queries in the Direct mode is fixed
- The bug with opening database connection, when OS user name includes special symbols, in the Direct mode is fixed
- The bug with loading the Int32 value into a NUMBER column using OracleLoader via Oracle Client 19 is fixed
- The bug with calling stored procedure using OracleCommand.ExecuteArray() via Oracle Client v19.5 is fixed
- The bug with throwing "Cannot convert object of type 'Devart.Data.Oracle.OracleLob' to object of type 'Devart.Data.Oracle.OracleIntervalYM'." in the Direct mode is fixed
- The bug with throwing System.NullReferenceException when opening *.edmx with invalid associations is fixed