Beyond Compare is focused. Beyond Compare allows you to quickly and easily compare your files and folders. By using simple, powerful commands you can focus on the differences you're interested in and ignore those you're not. You can then merge the changes, synchronize your files, and generate reports for your records.
Compare Files, Folders
You can compare entire drives and folders at high speed, checking just sizes and modified times. Or, thoroughly verify every file with byte-by-byte comparisons. FTP sites, cloud storage, and zip files are integrated seamlessly, and powerful filters allow you to limit what you see to only what you're interested in.
Once you've found specific files you're interested in, Beyond Compare can intelligently pick the best way to compare and display them. Text files can be viewed and edited with syntax highlighting and comparison rules tweaked specifically for documents, source code, and HTML. The text contents of Microsoft Word .doc and Adobe .pdf files can also be compared but not edited. Data files, executables, binary data, and images all have dedicated viewers as well, so you always have a clear view of the changes.
3-way Merge Pro edition only
Beyond Compare's merge view allows you to combine changes from two versions of a file or folder into a single output. Its intelligent approach allows you to quickly accept most changes while carefully examining conflicts. Color coding and section highlighting allow you to accept, reject, or combine changes, simply and easily. When merging files you can change any line in the output with the built-in syntax-highlighting editor. By using Beyond Compare's powerful file type support and ability to favor changes from one file, you can trivially accept many changes without even seeing them.
You can use Beyond Compare directly from most version control systems, giving you all of the powerful comparing and merging support you need when you need it most. Integrated source control commands are also available, allowing you to check in and check out files without interrupting your work.
Beyond Compare's intuitive Folder Sync interface lets you reconcile differences in your data automatically. You can efficiently update your laptop, backup your computer, or manage your website, and Beyond Compare will handle all the details. You can copy to and from disks, FTP servers, and zip files, all using the same interface. Anything you don't want affected can be easily filtered out, and all of the powerful comparison techniques are available, making the backup as fast or robust as you need.
You can automate repetitive tasks using a flexible scripting language, and any script can be called from the command line, allowing you to schedule your syncs for when it's most convenient.
What's New in Beyond Compare 4.3.3 build 24545?
- macOS: Fixed Edit menu not showing Undo/Redo/Cut/Copy/Paste when in a modal dialog launched while the comparison treeview has focus.
- Linux: Fixed using system-provided Qt4 library.
- macOS: Fixed labels getting progressively darker when opening/closing a combobox popup.
- macOS: Fixed font size and weight for view tabs, toolbar buttons, and various other controls.
- macOS/Linux: Fixed corruption warning when updating to Beyond Compare 4.3.
- macOS: Fixed clicking "Mark" buttons in "Visible Columns" dialog.
- macOS: Fixed crash when moving a window between screens with different bit depths.
The Standard Edition of Beyond Compare is a powerful, full-featured comparison tool. The Pro Edition includes all the Standard features and adds these:
- Pro only, 3-way text merging
- Compares independent changes against a common ancestor to create new merged content.
- Pro only, Windows logo Source control integration
- Adds commands for checking files in or out of SCC-compliant version control systems. Windows only.
- Pro only, Built-in SFTP support
- Rather than relying on third-party solutions, BC3 Pro has integrated support for secure FTP protocols (SFTP and FTP over SSL).
- Pro only, Text replacements
- Lets you flag certain text replacements as unimportant differences in a Text Compare session. For example, ignore all instances where apple was replaced by orange.
- Pro only, Folder Compare alignment overrides
- Overrides how files are aligned in a Folder Compare session. For example, you could compare your .gif files on one side with .png files of the same name on the other side.
- Pro only, Windows logo Registry Compare
- Compares live registries, both local and remote, as well as registry files. Windows only.
- Pro only, 3-way folder merge
- In BC4 Pro, three-way merging now supports folders as well as files.
- Pro only, WebDAV, Dropbox and subversion
- BC4 Pro has integrated support for WebDAV, Dropbox cloud, Amazon S3, and Subversion resources.
In trial mode you can use both Standard and Pro features. Upon registering, the license key unlocks the appropriate features permanently.
Please contact BTSoftware for Site and Enterprise pricing.