Titan FTP Server provides secure transfers, intelligent passwords, and events to thwart hackers. With over 20,000 servers installed worldwide, Titan is the secure and stable FTP Server that you can trust. It's easy to use and just works, every time.
Titan FTP Server Enterprise Edition is recommended by Cisco Systems as the preferred SFTP server for backing up Cisco Unified Communication Manager (CUCM). Titan is HIPAA-compliant software used by hospitals, financial services, and government agencies worldwide.
- FTP, FTP/SSL and SFTP
- Zlib Compression for Faster Transfers
- File Integrity Checking
- Windows Server 2008 or 2012
- Advanced Security Features
- Optional Web Interface
- Free 20-Day Trial
- Remote Administration
Titan FTP Server offers a rich feature set that provides you with granular configuration controls, easy administration, and detailed logging and reporting. Titan also offers event triggers that can automate transfers, thwart hackers and notify server admins of activities and events on the server.
Configuration and Management
Server configurations c/an be inherited or customized at the server, group, and user levels making it quicker to configure settings that will be the same for all users.
Remote Administration (Enterprise Edition Only)
- Configurable from any computer with Internet access.
- Remote Administration UI is identical to the Local Aministration UI.
- Use Windows NT/SAM Authentication (Enterprise Edition Only)
- Dynamically accesses user and group account information from your Windows NT Domain
- Changes made to the Windows NT User/Group information can be immediately available in the Titan server.
User-friendly wizards simplify user and group creation.
Server configurations can be fine-tuned at the individual, group, and user level to handle special cases.
- Configure individual or group accounts to expire on a specific date.
- Manually enable or disable accounts.
The Titan Administrator is a powerful graphical user interface and is the primary means to configure Titan.
Advanced Administrator Tools: Automation and Reporting
Event Handling System Automation (Enterprise Edition Only)
Configurable for over 100 unique events (e.g., logins and uploads) trigger emails, file/script, custom logs, etc.
Component Object Model (COM) and Command Line Interfaces Automation
Provides a COM API to programmatically control your server from any COM-enabled programming language: Visual Basic (VB), Visual Basic Script (VBS), C++, C#, Java, etc.
Command Line Interface Automation
Supports a command-line interface useful for batch file processing that allows administrators to add users, modify permissions, add groups and other administrative tasks.
Multiple Log Formats and Message Levels
- Verbose logging can be enabled to provide detailed logging information.
- Writes logfiles in W3C or plain text.
- Customizable log fields, so you can gather only the information you want.
Database (ODBC) Logging Support
Customizable to track specific statistics and write to any ODBC data source.
Real-time monitoring of any server activity, including individual users.
Zlib Compression for Faster Transfers and Directory Listings
For FTP/FTPS, Zlib compression is implemented through the "MODE Z" command. In SFTP, Zlib compression is based on the SSH engine.
File Integrity Checking with FTP XCRC Command
Access Network Resources via Universal Naming Convention (UNC)
- Configurable to operate smoothly with firewalls and routers.
- Port range for PASV connections.
Disk Quotas for Individuals
- Enables a quid pro quo system of file transfers. Configure Titan to require a certain ratio of files uploaded vs. downloaded, or bytes uploaded vs. downloaded.
- Files can also be added to a "Free File" list which can be downloaded regardless of the current ratio.
Ban File Types Using Wildcard Filters
Control Connection Limits:
- Maximum number of concurrent connections
- Maximum number of concurrent connections per IP
- Idle connection timeout
- Maximum upload or download speed
- Maximum uploads or downloads per session
- Maximum file upload or download size
Upload and Download Resuming
Runs as a Windows Service
File and Directory Case Setup
- Configurable to preserve the case of files and directories
- Configurable to convert all to upper or lower case
Customize the Store Unique (STOU) File Format
Delete Partially Uploaded Files
Block Anti-Timeout Schemes
Titan FTP Server supports a variety of file transfer protocols. In addition to standard FTP, Titan supports the following secure protocols:
SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol) [Enterprise Edition Only]
- Supports SSH file transfer protocol versions 3 through 6.
- Transfers all information over an encrypted channel.
- Provides full SFTP support based on SSH-2 protocol.
- Adheres to the IETF's Internet Draft
FTPS (FTP with SSL/TLS)
- Supports SSL v3.0 and TLS v1.0 (SSL v3.1).
- Transfers all information over an encrypted channel.
- Uses Explicit FTPS (AUTH SSL/TLS) or Implicit FTPS to secure file transfers.
HTTP and HTTP/S
- With the optional web interface, files can be transferred using HTTP or HTTP over SSL
Granular Security Controls
In addition to securing your file transfers, Titan offers a variety of security features to restrict access, prevent abuse and thwart hackers.
Server Access Restrictions
- Uses whitelist or blacklist approach to restrict IP access.
- Configurable to disallow anonymous access to protect data.
Fine-Grained Directory Access Restrictions
Configurable to provide precise access permissions.
- Create or Remove Subdirectories
- View Directory Listing
- Apply to Subdirectories
Password and Account Security
- Disables user accounts after a definable bad password attempts.
- Implements passwords restrictions of character length, case, and type.
- Uses the industry-standard, password encryption-based OTP S/Key MD4 or MD5 to prevent passwords from being sent in the clear.
- Prevents Denial of Service (DoS) attacks without affecting legitimate connections.
- Automatically kick outs and optionally bans users who issue a specified number of bad commands. Bans can be temporary or permanent.
- Configurable to disable the FXP command. FXP is a potential security vulnerability since hackers can use it for port scanning and bypassing IP access and firewall/router restrictions.
- If a user is locked in the home directory, Titan will treat it as the root directory.
- All incoming and outgoing paths will be relative, not absolute, to prevent users from gaining any file structure knowledge.
- Configurable to prevent access to hidden system files.
Titan Web User Interface
Titan FTP Server's Web interface allows you to extend the product's capabilities to more end users, without the inconvenience or expense of installing client software. No downloads or plug-ins are required.
The Titan Web interface streamlines secure exchange with external partners and reduces the cost of supporting multiple file transfer clients within a single organization.
- Multi-Platform - Works with Windows, Linux and Macintosh
- Cross-Browser Compatibility - Works on all modern browsers, including Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari and smartphone browsers such as iPhone, Blackberry and Android
- Transfer files securely - Provides encryption using HTTPS protocol
- Drag and Drop File Transfer - Transfer multiple files/folders at one time
- Thin client - All significant processing takes place on the server
Titan FTP Server's Web interface provides a secure web interface that enables users to access data stored on the Titan server from any Internet-connected device.
Titan FTP Server is supported on both the 32- and 64-bit editions of Windows.
- Windows Server 2012 (including R2)
- Windows Server 2008 (including R2)
- Minimum 100MB free disk space for product and caching space
- Minimum 100MB free disk space for each server configuration
- 2GHz Pentium class or better