TBarCode/X is a bar code generator software designed for UNIX, Linux and Mac OS X systems. The extensive barcode software package contains a spool system filter, a command line tool and a shared library for developers.
Barcode Software for UNIX, Linux and Mac OS X
TBarCode/X offers users, administrators and software developers versatile bar code printing functionality on Mac OS, Linux and UNIX operating systems.
TBarCode/X creates all common bar codes - linear, 2D codes and GS1 DataBar (RSS) - in highest quality.
This bar code software is used in the following areas:
- Barcode extension for print and spool servers
- Barcode print server for SAP R/3, ORACLE and other ERP applications
- Barcode engine for document management requirements and logistics software
- Barcode printing software for VDA 4902, ODETTE, AIAG B-10 forms
- Barcode generator for web or mobile phone applications
Barcode Spoolfilter for Printing Server
With TBarCode/X each PostScript or PCL compatible printer is immediately enhanced with barcode printing. This is achieved by hooking up TBarcode/X in the printer queue on system level. This can be done with all spool systems like LPR, LPRng, CUPS, XPrint, etc.
Thus the barcode software TBarCode/X may be transparently combined with ERP systems and applications like SAP R/3 or Oracle
- The barcode creation is done automatically during spooling/printing
- No special bar code printers required
- No further hardware extensions (like barcode DIMMs or SIMMs) or barcode fonts necessary
- No additional costs per printer or for replacement printers
- Post-processing requirements like faxing, emailing etc. can be fulfilled
- Unified control sequences for barcodes
- Customizable to individual needs
- New bar code types: DP Postmatrix, QR-Code 2005, ISBN 13, ISBN 13+5, ISMN, ISSN, ISSN+2, USPS Intelligent Mail Barcode.
- LibTBarCode: The text callback function now supports UNICODE.
- The module width can now be set in double precision (64 bit floating point).
- The list of the supported application identifiers (GS1 128) was updated.
- Check digit method Modulo 10 (Luhn Algorithm) has been added.
- New installation path: /usr/local/share/tbarcode10.
- This release uses TBarCode Library V10.0.3
Supported UNIX and Linux Systems
Platforms and Description
- Linux All actual Linux distributions (SuSE, RedHat/Fedora, Ubuntu, Debian, ...) CPU: Intel x86 - on request also for x64
- SLES 9 SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, CPU: AMD Opteron 64 Bit
- RHE 4 Red Hat Enterprise AS 4, CPU: x86
- SCO Open Server 5.0.7 (5.0.6), UnixWare 7.1.4, CPU: Intel x86
- AIX IBM AIX 4.3 + 5.2/5.3/6.1, CPU: Power PC
- HP-UX HP-UX 11.00 + 11.11, CPU: PA-RISC 2.0
HP-UX 11.23, CPU: IA-64 (Intel Itanium-2)
- Solaris Solaris 8, 9, 10 CPU: SPARC
Solaris 10, CPU: Intel x86
- i5/OS IBM i5/OS PASE (V5R3, V5R4, V6R1)
Library for IBM i5/OS (OS400 5.1) on request
- Max OS Mac OS X (10.5 - "Leopard" and 10.4 - "Tiger")
- Other Other platforms on request!
Supported Printer and Image Formats
Format and Description
- PostScript PostScript Level 2 and Level 3 compatible devices
- PCL PCL Level 5 (incl. HP-GL/2) compatible devices (beginning with V6.1 also PCL-3/PCL-5 without HPGL-2)
- Bitmaps BMP, TIF, GIF, PNG, JPG (beginning with V7.04 bitmap support is directly implemented in TBarCode/X)
- Call-Back The call-back functionality of LibTBarCode simplifies the implementation of custom drawing routines (e.g. for DPM applications)
The 1D license supports only linear barcodes (Code128, Code39, 2of5, EAN128...). The 2D license supports all barcodes (linear barcodes, 2D barcodes, GS1 DataBar, Composite Codes...).
Please contact BTSoftware for pricing