The PDF editor that transforms how you modify and manage documents. In addition to providing the industry's best PDF editing capabilities, PhantomPDF is ConnectedPDF Powered, enabling effortless management, security, and collaboration.
ConnectedPDF - Next generation PDF for the connected world
PhantomPDF goes beyond a typical PDF editor, itï¿½??s ConnectedPDF Powered. ConnectedPDF is leading edge technology that powers cloud-based services for PDF files, services include:
- ConnectedPDF Security - grant and revoke document access.
- ConnectedPDF Document Management - Track to see who opens your document and what they do and notify readers of new updates.
- ConnectedPDF Collaboration - Elevate your teamwork with connected reviews or send requests to others to get a file.
PDF Editor - Perform all your document updates in PDF
Documents evolve over time, requiring the needs for multiple file formats to be updated ï¿½?? the word processor, page layout, and file sharing formats. Now, once itï¿½??s converted into PDF, update it in PDF.
- Paragraph edit and have text flow across multiple paragraphs, columns, and pages.
- Change the document layout by moving text boxes, changing its sizes, or how text is justified.
- Professionalize documents by adding stamps, watermarks, headers, footers, bates number, etc.
Organize - Manipulate PDF files and pages
Often we create new documents from pages of existing documents. PhantomPDF allows you to quickly and easily organize and manipulate your PDF to support your workflows.
- Merge PDF documents together or split PDF apart.
- Drag and drop pages within a document or from one document to another.
- Crop, delete, add, swap, flatten, and rotate PDF pages
Collaborate and Share - Annotate, share, and collaborate with PDF
When teams collaborate and share information, they work at their best. PhantomPDF links knowledge workers together to increase flexibility and results.
- Integrate with leading Content Management Systems.
- Utilize popular storage sharing products.
- Initiate shared reviews and provide and manage comments.
PDF Creator - Create PDF docs, forms, and portfolios
The connected world shares documents in the PDF format. PhantomPDF allows you to create PDF from all file formats. Foxit is the first vendor to deliver PDF 2.0 file view.
- Create PDF, PDF/A, PDF/X, and PDF/E from Microsoft Office and virtually any file format.
- Create PDF Portfolios to tie multiple files together and PDF Forms to collect data.
- Convert webpages to PDF from the Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Firefox browsers.
Convert PDF - Share Information on PDF with Other File Formats
Many workflows require information within PDF documents be shared in other file formats. PhantomPDF enables users to export PDF into popular file formats.
- Convert PDF to Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Convert PDF to image formats such as JPEG and PNG.
- Convert PDF to HTML and text.
Scan and OCR - Scan to PDF, OCR PDF, and edit scanned PDFs
Many times hardcopy documents are required to be in digital format. PhantomPDF supports capabilities to support your paperless office workflows.
- Interfaces with your scanner to scan and convert to PDF. Will convert existing scans (i.e. images) to PDF.
- OCRs image based content into selectable and searchable text. OCR (Optical Character Recognition) identifies characters and words within images.
- OCR option to make text editable, which is really valuable when updating documents when you only have the hardcopy.
Protect and Sign - Encrypt, redact, and sign PDFs
Many documents contain confidential information. Don't just protect your perimeter, protect information by protecting the documents themselves. PhantomPDF provides multiple security options.
- ConnectedPDF Powered - grant and revoke document access.
- Extends usage control of Microsoft Rights Management Services to PDF documents.
- Permanently remove (redact) visible text and images from PDF to protect sensitive information.
Section 508 Compliance - Document Accessibility Through Assistive Technology
PhantomPDF enables PDF document accessibility for people with disabilities who use assistive technology to have access to information.
- JAWS (Job Access With Speech) compatibility allowing blind and visually impaired users to read the screen either with a text-to-speech output or by a refreshable Braille.
- Checks accessibility of PDF files to verify if the document complies with Section 508 technology standards. Identifies and provides fixes for accessibility checker failed results to make the PDF file comply with Section 508 technology standards.
- Enables users to easy create JAWS compliant PDF from files using Microsoft Office file formats.
PhantomPDF Online - Cloud based PDF Editor
PhantomPDF comes bundled with PhantomPDF Online, a cloud based PDF editor which provides many of the same capabilities as the PhantomPDF product.
- PDF editor capabilities available through a web browser, so you have access everywhere, all the time.
- Bundled with PhantomPDF subscriptions.
- Bundled with PhantomPDF 1-time purchases for one year and customers who are current on maintenance.
New Features in Foxit PhantomPDF 9.0
- Accessibility Features
- Evaluates the accessibility of PDFs and fixes accessibility issues in PDFs to make it easier for users with disabilities to use PDFs, with or without screen readers or other assistive software/hardware.
- Provides powerful tools and panels to tag PDFs, set alternate text, touch up reading order, and more to make PDFs accessible. (Business Only)
- Supports accessible reading and navigation by setting accessibility preferences that control the document display and reading order, using keyboard shortcuts, and reading PDFs in reflow view.
- Exports PDF to accessible text that can be converted to a form that vision-impaired users can use.
- PDF 2.0 Support
- Allows users to view PDF documents that are compliant with parts of PDF 2.0 reference to keep up with the ISO development process.
- Integration with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- Provides interfaces to allow users to use VBA scripts to have PhantomPDF work with Microsoft Office, including PDF conversion from Excel, PDF form filling, OCR, and more.
- Reflow editing mode
- Offers reflow editing mode for users to edit document content in a continuous mode, like in a word processor.
- Search and replace
- Allows users to find and replace text in a PDF document, a useful time-saving feature for document workers.
- Layer editing
- Supports the ability to import, merge, flatten, reorder, and delete layers in PDF documents. (Business Edition)
- Supports the ability to reorder and delete layers in PDF documents. (Standard Edition)
- Microsoft Windows Information Protection (WIP) Support
- Enables users to add protection to PDFs with WIP system that helps to protect against accidental data leak on enterprise-owned devices and personal devices.
- FIPS Compliance
- Provides a FIPS mode to make data protection compliant with Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS).
- Find Command
- Finds a command by typing the command name and bring features to your fingertips with ease.
- Adds the ï¿½??Destinationï¿½?? panel to allow users to create and manage named destinations in a PDF which can be used to link to from different positions in a PDF.
- Allows users to select an area in PDF and export it to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, HTML, and Rich Text formats.
- Adds an approved trusted list of digital certificates for convenient signature validation.
- Enables users to edit PDF with Type 3 font text with the Edit Text and the Edit Object tools.
- Protects PDF files using the Microsoft PDF V2 IRM Specification.
- Supports importing form data from a .csv file.
- Supports exporting digital IDs to .fdf files.
Improvements in Foxit PhantomPDF 9.0
- Improved installation and activation
- Allows users to disable the Foxit PDF creator plugin in IE/Chrome/Firefox during installation, and activate Foxit PhantomPDF with activation code via command line.
- Advanced search
- Highlights all the text search results in PDF file.
- Searches for instances that match any of the keywords.
- PDF portfolio enhancements
- Enables users to export all files in a PDF portfolio when combining files into a single PDF file. Protect PDF portfolios with passwords and certificates.
- PDF creation enhancements
- Allows users to add Excel sheet names or PowerPoint slide titles as PDF bookmarks in the created PDF.
- Enables users to order files by bates numbering when combining multiple PDFs into a single PDF file.
- Adds more options to control more features through GPO templates, including the features of OpenText, NetDocuments, and iManage plugins.
- Creates a PDF form from an existing file directly without ï¿½??Run Form Field Recognitionï¿½??, streamlining PDF form creation from existing files.
- Adds options in the context menu to open the directory of the current PDF file and to copy the file path to the clipboard.
- Provides an option to trust all root certificates in Windows Certificate Store to streamline signature validating.
- Allows users to choose a page as a stamp when creating a custom stamp from a PDF with multiple pages.
- Enhances Foxit RMS protection to make the RMS-protected files compliant with PDF 2.0.
- Adds an option to send all open tabs as attachments by email when sharing PDFs.
- Enables users to edit existing MST files with Foxit Customization Tool.
- Supports text formatting in the popup box for note comments.
- Exports highlighted text as a TXT file.
- Exports tracker details to a PDF during shared review.
Issues Addressed in Foxit PhantomPDF 9.0
- Fixed some security and stability issues.
Ideal for groups of all sizes, use this full featured PDF editor to create, edit, comment, collaborate and share, secure, organize, export, scan and OCR, and sign PDF documents and forms.
Complete Business Ready PDF editor that expands upon PhantomPDF Standard by offering advanced editing, shared review initiation, higher security, additional file compression, PDF A/E/X creation, and bates numbering.