ActiveXperts Network Monitor
- Runs as a service, on a Windows 2016/2012(R2)/2008(R2)/10/8/7 platform
- Available as 64-bit product and 32-bit download
- Monitors Windows, Linux, (IP) devices, databases, virtualization platforms and more
- PowerShell, VBScript and SSH scripting supported
- Up to 25 checks for free
Monitor Virtualization Platforms:
VMware ESXi - Citrix XenServer - Microsoft Hyper-V - Virtual Bridges VERDE V
Monitor Internet Protocols:
DHCP - DNS - FTP - HTTP(s) - ICMP Ping - IMAP MailServer - LDAP - NNTP - NTP - POP3 - RADIUS - SFTP - SMTP - SMPP - SMTP/POP3 Roundtrip - SNMP GET - SNMP Traps - TCP - TFTP - TraceRoute
Monitor Windows Servers
MS Active Directory - MS BizTalk - MS Dynamics NAV - MS Dynamics AX - MS Dynamics CRM - MS Dynamics GP/SL - MS Exchange Server - MS Forefront TMG - MS IIS Server - MS Index Server - MS ISA Server - MS SharePoint Server - MS SQL Server
Anti-Virus / Internet Security - Citrix ICA - Citrix XenApp - CPU Usage - Directory - Disk Drives - Disk Space - Event Log - File - Memory Usage - MSMQ - MS Terminal Server - Performance Counters - PowerShell - Printer - Process - Registry - Remote Command - Removable Drives - Scheduled Task - Service - VBScript - Windows Defender
Monitor Linux / Unix
SSH - RSH
IBM DB2 - Informix - MS Access - MS SQL - MySQL - ODBC - Oracle - Progress - Paradox - SyBase
Temperature - Humidity - Wetness - Power - Light - Motion - Smoke - Door (open/close) - Resistance - Switch (NO/NC)
User/groups - Serial Device
ActiveXperts Network Monitor is available in a 32-bit and 64-bit version, and runs on all major Windows operating systems:
- Server platforms: Windows 2016, Windows 2012 R2, Windows 2012, Windows 2008 R2, Windows 2008, Windows 2003
- Desktop platforms: Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- Supported Virtualization platforms: VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix Xen, Oracle VirtualBox, Virtual Bridges VERDE
- CPU: a Multi-core processor is recommended due to the multi-threaded architecture of ActiveXperts
- Memory: 2GB required; 4GB recommended
- DBMS: A MS SQL or MySQL server is recommended in the network to improve performance
What's new in ActiveXperts Network Monitor 2017
- Free License -
- ActiveXperts Network Monitor 2017 offers a free limited-checks license. With this free license, small companies have the possibility to professionally monitor their network for free. Up to 25 checks can be processed simultaneously. There's no functional limitation other than the limited number of checks.
- Compatible with Windows Server 2016 -
- ActiveXperts Network Monitor 2017 meets Microsoft standards for compatibility and recommended practices with the Windows Server 2016 operating system.
- Licensing -
- Licensing has changed. The licensing options are now based on the number of checks defined in the software. Licensing is still perpetual, which means that a license is paid only once and does not need to be renewed annually.
- A full functioning free limited-checks license is offered for small companies (see above).
- FIX: In previous versions of ActiveXperts Network Monitor, some customers had problems storing the license key or activation code. This was a permissions problems and has been solved in v.2017.
- Installation -
- FIX: ActiveXperts Network Monitor 2017 runs on Windows 2003 (v.2016 didn't). Despite the fact that Windows 2003 is not supported by Microsoft anymore, a fix was made to continue supporting ActiveXperts on Windows 2003.
- Manager -
- FIX: In previous versions of Network Monitor, saving the Performance Settings (i.e. number of threads) sometimes failed. This was due to the fact that these settings were stored in the Registry without having full permissions on the particular hive. In v.2017, Performance Settings are stored in the data folder of the program.
- FIX: In previous versions of Network Monitor, the License Key and Activation Code could sometimes not be saved due to Registry permissions restrictions. In v.2017, the License Key and Activation Code are stored in the data folder of the program.
- FIX: In previous versions of Network Monitor, the Import Wizard was launched each time the Manager was started. This happened sometimes at a few customers, depending on the configuration. This has been fixed.
- Antivirus and Internet Security Suite updates 2017 -
- ActiveXperts Network Monitor 2017 supports the latest 2017 Antivirus- and Internet Security Suites, including avast!, AVG, Avira, BitDefender, BullGuard, ESET, F-Secure, G Data, Kaspersky, K7, McAfee, Panda, Trend Micro, VIPRE and ZoneAlarm
- Certificates check -
- You can now monitor the expiration date of Windows Certificates.
- Disk Size check -
- In previous versions of Network Monitor, the Disk Size check was not based on WMI but on a custom implementation. In v.2017, the Disk Size check is based on WMI, making the check more compatible with various Windows versions. In addition, Disk Size scripts (.ps1 and .vbs) are improved.
- MS Dynamics AX check -
- You can now monitor the latest version of MS Dynamics AX - version 2012R3 - using the new Dynamics AX 2012R3 check. This check also has a VBScript and PowerShell equivalent, so it can be fully customized. Dynamics AX 2012R2 is still supported.
- MS IIS Server check -
- You can now monitor the latest version of MS Internet Information Server - version 10. This check also has a VBScript and PowerShell equivalent, so it can be fully customized. IIS 10 is part of Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016. IIS 8.5, IIS 8.0. IIS 7.5, IIS 7.0, IIS 6 and IIS 5 are still supported.
- You can now monitor the status of IIS application pools.
- MS SharePoint check -
- You can now monitor the latest version of MS SharePoint Server - version 2016. This check also has a VBScript and PowerShell equivalent, so it can be fully customized. SharePoint Server 2013, SharePoint Server 2010, SharePoint Server 2007 and SharePoint Server 2003 are still supported.
- MS SQL Server check -
- You can now monitor the latest version of MS SQL Server - version 2016. This check also has a VBScript and PowerShell equivalent, so it can be fully customized. SQL Server 2014, SQL Server 2012, SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2005, SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server Express are still supported.
- Process check -
- FIX: The CPU monitoring part of the Process check was sometimes giving odd results, depending on the number of (virtual) CPU's. This has been fixed.
- SSH check -
- In previous versions of Network Monitor, SSH scripts were processed one by one. The SSH implementation allowed only SSH thread (sub-process) simultaneously. In v.2017, up to 8 simultaneous SSH scripts are processed by 8 concurrent SSH threads.
- All SSH scripts are rewritten from scratch, in order to have maximum compatibility with various Linux distributions. Also, new SSH scripts are included.
- Time-out for SSH connection is now configurable. This is extremely useful for Linux hosts that require reverse DNS verification (usually takes 30 seconds if reverse DNS record is not in DNS).
- Time-out for SCP script copy action is now configurable.
- FIX: Some Linux hosts reported an error while processing an SSH script: "Error #22492: Unhandled exception occurred while executing SSH script". This has been fixed. fixed on 20160927
- Windows Update check -
- You can now monitor the Windows Update status of a Windows computer. This check also has a VBScript and PowerShell equivalent, so it can be fully customized.
- Logging -
- FIX: In ActiveXperts Network Monitor 2016, restoring the log database (.sdf) file failed in case where SQL Compact Edition logging was used. This has been fixed. The problem did not happen in configurations using ASCII (.txt) logging, MS SQL Server logging or MySQL logging.
- Notifications -
- FIX: In previous versions of Network Monitor, e-mail and SMS alerts were sometimes delayed in the situation where lots of data was written to the Statistical Database. This was caused by congestion in the internal message queue. This has been fixed; ActiveXperts now uses a separate message queue for its e-mail and SMS alerts.
- SMS Notifications -
- ActiveXperts Network Monitor 2017 now bundles with a new GSM modem: a 3G based Cinterion EHS6 modem. Previous bundle offered a 2G based Cinterion modem, but since 2G will close down in various countries in the upcoming years, this 3G based modem is good alternative.
- Web Interface -
- FIX: In v.2016, deleting web views didn't work. This has been fixed in v.2017.