This product is an add-on for Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2013 and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 that installs Copy and Move actions to document libraries and lists in a SharePoint farm. With these actions authorized users can via an intuitive Web interface easily copy and move content to other locations in the farm.
Now, SharePoint also offers similar functionality Out-Of-The-Box. But CopyMove is more powerful, faster and more intuitive to use. Study the feature matrix below to see the differences between SharePoint and CopyMove.
- Copy and Move document library files
- Copy and Move pictures
- Copy and Move list items
- Copy and Move document library folders
- Copy and Move Web part pages
- Copy and Move Publishing pages
- Copy and Move Document Sets
- Export to ZIP
- Import from ZIP
- Copy and Move across site collections
- Preserve version history
- Preserve metadata
- Preserve item permissions
- Warning on file overwrite
- Warning on loss of version history
- Warning on loss of Content Type
- Access Copy & Move actions from list views
- Administrators can set transaction limits
- Restrict access to CopyMove using permissions
- .NET API
- Web Service API
- Audit transactions
- Multi-language support
What's new in version 3.12.0
- Added new CopyMove list settings page.
- Added support for overriding the CopyMove enabled actions at the level of the SharePoint list.
- Added support for hiding specific lists in the CopyMove destination tree.
- Added support mapping list fields and content types when copying and moving items with the CopyMove PowerShell cmdlets Copy-SPPItem and Move-SPPItem
- Added support for excluding specific document and list item metadata values on all copy and move operations.
- Added new check box Show recent destinations on the CopyMove farm settings page and the CopyMove site collection settings page.
- To prevent property promotion in SharePoint, CopyMove now removes the following properties from Microsoft Office documents on copy operations; _dlc_DocId, _dlc_docIdUrl and _dlc_DocIdPersistId. Not supported for the older binary formats of Microsoft Office documents.
- The Include version history check box is now hidden when versioning is not enabled in the context list.
- Removed the Personal Links list settings from the CopyMove farm settings page.
- Added new daily SharePoint Timer Job named CopyMove for SharePoint - Ensure user links list. It creates a CopyMove site collection at ~webapplication/sites/sppcopymove for all Web Applications hosting at least one site collection with CopyMove enabled.
- CopyMove user links in the destination tree are now stored in a separate list for each Web Application.
- Revamped existing PowerShell cmdlets with better documentation, more options and support for piping with SharePoint objects like SPWebApplication, SPSite and SPList.
- New PowerShell cmdlets Get-CopyMoveFarmConfiguration and Set-CopyMoveFarmConfiguration for scripting the CopyMove farm configuration.
- New PowerShell cmdlets Get-CopyMoveWebApplicationConfiguration and Set-CopyMoveWebApplicationConfiguration for scripting CopyMove web application configurations.
- New PowerShell cmdlets Get-CopyMoveSiteConfiguration and Set-CopyMoveSiteConfiguration for scripting CopyMove site collection configurations.
- New PowerShell cmdlets Get-CopyMoveListConfiguration and Set-CopyMoveListConfiguration for scripting CopyMove list configurations.
- New PowerShell cmdlets Get-CopyMovePermissionLevel for getting the current CopyMove permissions assigned to a SharePoint permission level.
- Deprecated the PowerShell cmdlets Get-CopyMoveSettings and Set-CopyMoveSettings.
- Fixed issue where unique folder permissions were not preserved on moves.
Also available CopyMove for SharePoint 2007
Also available CopyMove for SharePoint 2010
Also available CopyMove for SharePoint 2016