The VanDyke ClientPack is a suite of command-line tools for securely automating file transfer, shell, and public-key administration tasks. VRALib, a key component of the ClientPack, is a Windows COM API that enables custom scripting of SSH2 connections.
The VanDyke ClientPack lets network managers deploy to other systems the same command-line automation tools of the VShell server.
For network managers who are comfortable using the command line, the VanDyke ClientPack provides utilities* that can be used to include commands** in scripts, saving time on routine administration and configuration tasks, such as setting up new users, updating configurations, backing up files, and rotating logs.
The VanDyke ClientPack includes:
VRALib COM API (Windows only)
- VRALib, a COM and .NET API provides the ability to script SSH2 connections. Supported operations include full control over SSH2 connections, sending a command to an SSH2 server and getting the output produced by the command, tunneling/port forwarding, file transfers using SFTP, remote file management, adding host keys to a host key database, and adding keys to the SSH2 authentication agent.
Secure command-line utilities suite
The VanDyke ClientPack command-line utilities allow you to automate routine administration and configuration tasks and secure file transfers and include:
- vsftp, an interactive SFTP utility for quick, easy, file transfers
- vsh, an interactive shell utility
- vcp, a line-oriented file transfer utility
- vkeygen, a public/private key generator utility
- vpka, a tool for uploading keys to the VShell server
- Use the VRALib COM interface to perform remote execution, file transfer, and port forwarding tasks within your .NET application.
- Scriptable command-line interfaces allow you to automate file transfer, shell, and public-key administration tasks with proven, open-standard security
- Create multi-platform automation solutions with consistent, repeatable results on Windows, UNIX, and Mac..
- Employ the same trusted Secure Shell encryption libraries and authentication choices found in SecureCRT
What's new in version 8.3
- vcp/vsftp/vsh: Added the ability to use OpenSSH certificates for public-key authentication.
- vcp/vsh/vsftp: Added support for the ChaCha20/Poly1305 cipher.
- vcp/vsh/vsftp/VRALib (Windows): Added support for the AES-GCM cipher.
- vcp/vsh/vsftp: Added support for the UMAC-128 MAC algorithm.
- VRALib (Windows): Added support for the ChaCha20/Poly1305 cipher.
- VRALib (Windows): Added support for the AES-GCM cipher.
- VRALib (Windows): Added support for the UMAC-128 MAC algorithm.
- vcp/vsftp/vsh: A new command-line option --hostkeyalgorithm allows the host key algorithm to be specified.
- vkeygen: The SHA-2 fingerprint is also shown in base64 when keys are created or displayed using the -l and -f flags.
- vcp/vsh/vsftp: Prompts to accept the host key now also display the SHA-2 fingerprint in base64.
- vcp/vsh/vsftp: The trace output shows the SHA-2 host key fingerprint as base64 in addition to hexadecimal.
- vsftp/vcp: Because it caused problems for some servers, vsftp and vcp no longer send lstat, stat, or RealPath on "./.".
- vkeygen: If -l is specified with a key file, the SHA-2 fingerprint is displayed.
- vkeygen: The output when vkeygen is run with the -l and -f flags now includes the bit size of the key.
- vcp/vsftp: Uploading files to a Serv-U SFTP server that only had write permissions in the target directory did not work.
- Windows: On high-DPI monitors, the EULA dialog in the installer did not display correctly.
*The ClientPack utilities require an SSH2 service on which connections are established.
**The ClientPack sends commands, which are provided by the user.
Take care that you choose the right VanDyke Clientpack version, Windows or Unix!