Enable Opening CAD Documents in Any Application
View CAD files without expensive CAD software or heavy third-party viewers! Sounds too good? - But that is true: With CADViewX, you can open, view and print CAD drawings in Internet Explorer and Microsoft Word or, if you are a programmer, you can embed the CAD viewer functionality into your applications and open, view or print CAD documents right in your application. The library comes with demo examples for Delphi, VB, VB.NET, C#, J#, Microsoft Word and HTML.
Popular CAD and image formats
The library supports formats: AutoCAD DWG & DXF, HPGL, SVG and CGM. Besides, it enables the applications to open, view and print regular image files, such as BMP, JPEG, TIFF, GIF, and dozens of other formats.
CADViewX makes handling CAD files as easy as rolling the mouse wheel forward / backward for zooming in / out on the image, pressing the right mouse button or wheel to drag the object. Frequent operations are available through the context menu, toolbar and common keyboard shortcuts.
Flexible print options
Print a drawing of any size on a number of paper sheets of a smaller size at the scale you want with tile printing: an A1 drawing can be split into 8 A4 pages, which could be later assembled into the original large drawing. Avoid printing the whole file over if the printer has jammed a paper sheet - print one 'tile' only that you need and add it to those that have been printed. Print selected area only or viewing frustum. Make high-quality prints of color drawings on black-and-white printers without grey halftones. Predefined sizes for standard formats (US: A, B, C, D, E; ISO-A, DIN: A4, A3, A2, A1, A0) will save your time on setting up print options.
CADViewX is especially great for creating:
- Database Applications
- Web Applications
- Applications that require access to vector data of a drawing.
- AutoCAD DWG, DXF and all versions of DWF
- Hewlett-Packard PLT Viewer: HPGL, HGL, HG, PRN, SPL
- Scalable Vector Graphics: SVG
- Computer Graphics Metafile: CGM
- PS Adobe
- Windows metafile: EMF, WMF
- All popular raster drawings supported, including TIFF, BMP, JPG, PSD, and GIF
- Compressed files (.zip, .tar, .gz)
- Copying drawing to the clipboard as BMP or EMF
- Exporting to the following formates:
- Exporting drawings to raster formats EMF, WMF, BMP, JPEG, GIF, TIFF with the possibility of additional settings
- Saving data vector when exporting to DXF
- 3D Viewing
- Viewing full / scaled picture in addition to the main view.
- Viewing image layers
- Viewing file attributes such as name, size, path to the file, creation and modification time, measurements, amounts of blocks, entities and tables
- Colour and black-and-white modes for CAD files
- Supporting SHX-fonts, including UNICODE and BIGFONTS.
- Creating new images
- Adding some entities to images
File navigation in demos:
- Dynamic scaling of the drawing with the help of the mouse-wheel, like in AutoCAD. 'Find text' and 'Show point' and 'Show rect' quickly link to the necessary part of the drawing.
- Preset sizes for standard formats (ISO-A; DIN: A4, A3, A2, A1, A0; US: A, B, C, D, E).
- High-quality prints can be made of color drawings using a black-and-white printer without grey tones.
- Printing 'in tiles' allows printing images on any number of sheets of any size with the necessary scale. For example, large images (A0, A1 etc) can be divided into many small pages of different size for subsequent pasting together into one big drawing. Any 'tile' can be printed independently. Therefore, if one page seems defective (eg because of problems with the printer), it is possible to re-print this page separately.
- Brazilian Portuguese
- Portuguese (Portugal)
- Microsoft Windows 98 /Me/ NT 4.0 / 2000 / XP / 2003 / Vista
- Pentium 233 MHz (Recommended: Pentium 500MHz)
- 64 MB RAM (Recommended: 128 MB RAM)
- 15 MB free disk space
ABViewer allows editing of both standard CAD formats such as DWG and DXF and vector files: PLT, SVG, CGM. The application provides all the professional editor tools and enables operations supported by 'heavy editors', which are usually used for design work.
Batch Conversion and Batch Print
It is now much faster and easier to print or convert a large number of files into another format. ABViewer supports simultaneous conversion and print in batch mode with the same settings for all files.
Redline mode or commentaries to the drawing provide additional information that is 'applied' to the drawing but does not change the basic file. All editing elements are at your disposal in this mode. Commentaries and remarks, together with the basic file, can be printed or converted to another format. A drawing can be supplied with many such commentaries. In addition, this mode allows the path to be saved to the redline files containing the remarks, and the start of automatic loading.
New features and enhancements:
- Import of DWF files.
- Import of DXF binary files.
- Older DWG files are supported (down to version "AC1002").
- HPGL/HPGL2 file format - Bezier splines are supported.
- Complex line types.
- Image cutting in DWG/DXF files.
- Support of the INSERT with the specified number of columns.
- Optimized by memory usage: CIRCLE, ARC, ELLIPSE, SPLINE.
- AutoCADTM WIPEOUT, MLINE, HELIX, TOLERANCE, TRACE, SHAPE, PROXY (including AEC) entities are supported.
- Improved display of MTEXT, LEADER, ACAD_PROXY_ENTITY, SPLINE, LWPOLYLINE entities.
- Display of ACAD_TABLE entity for DWG files added.
- Improved display of DWG, HPGL-2, PCL files.
- Faster procession of TIFF files.
- Display of POINT entity in different modes.
- Display of extended UNICODE for TTF fonts.v
- All ANSI-codepages are supported.
- New snap types.
- Export to DXF three times faster.
- Quantity of points in polyline is limited.
- Crossing point will be searched only for solid lines, for FLATPOLY entity - will be not.
- Deep scaling improved.
- DXF Loading optimized for files with a big amount of blocks (layers and styles). In some cases the speed is increased up to ten times.
New classes, functions, properties:
- New classes Point2D, Point3D, Rect2D, Rect3D instead of structures.
- New function ShowRect.
- New property UseSizeDialog.
- Function DXFImage became a property.
Please contact BTSoftware for pricing.