AstraSync: Exchange ActiveSync Compatibility for BlackBerry Devices
Over-the-air BlackBerry Sync for your email calendar and contacts.
AstraSync is a BlackBerry synchronization application used by tens of thousands of BlackBerry smartphone owners worldwide. AstraSync performs two-way over-the-air synchronization of email, calendar and contact data with Exchange ActiveSync compatible servers including Microsoft Exchange, Hotmail & Windows Live, MailSite Fusion, Exchange Online, BPOS, CommuniGate Pro, Zimbra, Scalix, FirstClass, Open-Xchange, Kerio MailServer, SmarterMail, Axigen, Google Sync and Gmail.
- Synchronizes Email Calendar and Contacts over-the-air
- Requires simple one time configuration
- Connect via BIS, BES, WAP, TCP or WiFi
- Supports SSL secured HTTPS connections
- Uses the native BlackBerry calendar and contacts apps
- Full native look and feel email client
- Full folder support - Sync multiple folders, move & copy messages
- Full attachment support - send, receive and smart reply
- HTML email viewer
- Touch screen shortcut bar & Kinetic scrolling
- Create, accept and decline meeting requests
- Client side search
- Multi and group message select
- Global Address List support with contact lookup
- Local contact lookup and auto complete
- Message flag support
- Synchronization schedule
- Audio and vibration new message alert
- Configurable Synchronization window (period)
- Exchange Policy Support
- Exchange AutoDiscover
- Inactivity security lock
- Email Content Encryption
- Works on all devices with OS 4.5 and later including OS 5 & 6
- Doesn't rely on or need BIS or BES
- Dramatically lower costs and more reliable than BES
- And more!
AstraSync 4.2.27 Release Notes
We are pleased to announce AstraSync 4.2. These release notes contain valuable information on the latest features and changes in this release of the AstraSync application.
The following improvements have been made in AstraSync 4.2 over AstraSync 4.1:
- Closer integration with the device OS through Monitor for BlackBerry. Providing integrated device profile alerts for new messages including LED notifications, better network availability awareness and faster performance.
- Support for creation of meetings requests
- Email content encryption.
- Kinetic scrolling of the message list on touch screen devices.
- Leaner, faster message store system
- More performance settings for power users including control of Direct Push behavior, email truncation size, PIM status checks and AutoDiscover.
Note: the 'Monitor for BlackBerry' program (required for profile integration) requires OS 4.7 and later
AstraSync 4.2 includes other enhancements and bug fixes - please refer to the Changes section for a list of the most important resolved issues.
Follow us on Twitter for updates on this Beta program and other AstraSync information.
- Delete confirmation dialog is hidden by keyboard on Storm.
- DDL in Storm config screens can prevent the command menu's from working - this has workaround by tapping away from the ddls.
- Meeting requests unavailable when syncing against ActiveSync 2.5 servers
- underlying commands visible during collection deletion dialog
- Devices running OS 6 (including Torch) popup a permission box for each contact when deleting or modifying
- Deselecting email plus any other collections does not turn off the new email notification
- Install wizard presents unselected collections after a refresh
- Pearl 9100 and 9105 default to one line layout
To download this version, visit the AstraSync download portal with your BlackBerry browser: http://www.astrasync.com/dwl
You will need to provide your AstraSync account credentials (email address and password).
You can upgrade from AstraSync 2.2.x, 3.0.X, 3.1.X, 4.0.x, 4.1.x to this AstraSync build, however some older devices are not supported for this build.
This is not an exhaustive list if your device is not listed below or in the Unsupported devices list then it may support AstraSync 4.2
- 82XX Flip devices running OS 4.5 and later
- 83XX Curve devices running OS 4.5 and later
- 85XX Curve devices running OS 4.5 and later
- 88XX devices running OS 4.5 and later
- 8900 Curve devices running OS 4.6 and later
- 9000 Bold devices running OS 4.6 and later
- 95XX Storm 1 and 2 devices running OS 4.7 and later
- 96XX Tour devices running OS 4.7 and later
- 9700 Bold devices running OS 5.0 and later
- 9800 Torch devices running OS 6.0 and later
- 91XX Pearl devices running OS 5.0 and later
- 7XXX devices
- 81xx Pearl devices
- 87xx devices