Add serial communications to any Windows or .NET application
Adding serial communications requires specialized knowledge that might be outside an individual programmer's expertise. For years, developers have relied upon the power and reliability of the ActiveXperts Serial Port Component serial communications control.
- Easy to use API
- Control devices over a serial port
- 32-bit ActiveX and 64-bit ActiveX included
Use ActiveXperts Serial Port Component for different purposes:
- To control manufacturing machines via the serial port;
- To configure network devices (like print-servers, routers) via the serial port;
- To control a modem, connected to the serial/USB port or Bluetooth;
- To transfer files through a null modem cable;
- Any other scenario where serial communications is involved.
ActiveXperts Serial Port Component features the following:
- Direct COM ports supported (like 'COM2');
- Windows Telephony Devices supported (like 'Standard 9600 bps Modem');
- Support for RS-232, RS422 and RS485;
- Up to 256 ports opened simultaneously;
- Thread-safe to allow the component in multi-threading environments (multi-threading samples included);
- Support for Hayes compatible modems, connected via a serial port, USB or Bluetooth;
- Support for Virtual COM ports (i.e. COM ports redirected through the network);
- Hardware flow control (RTS/CTS, DTR/DSR);
- Software flow control (XON/XOFF);
- Support for any baudrate;
- Ability to set baudrates, parity, stopbits;
- Full buffered data transfer;
- Text and Binary data transfer;
- Advanced logging.
ActiveXperts Serial Port Component includes samples for many development tools, including:
- Visual Basic .NET.
- Visual C# .NET.
- ASP .NET VB.
- ASP .NET CSharp.
- Visual Basic 6.x.
- ASP 2.x.
- Visual C++.
- Borland Delphi 7.x or higher.
- Any other development platform that supports ActiveX/COM components
ActiveXperts Serial Port Component is available as a 32-bit component and as a 64-bit component (both part of the product):
- AxSerial32.dll - 32-bit component;
- AxSerial64.dll - 64-bit component.
ActiveXperts Serial Port Component runs on the following Operating Systems:
- Windows 2012 (64 bit);
- Windows 2008 (32 and 64 bit);
- Windows 2003 (32 and 64 bit);
- Windows 2000 Server and Professional (32 bit only);
- Windows 8 (32 and 64 bit);
- Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit);
- Windows Vista (32 and 64 bit);
- Windows XP (32 and 64 bit).
ActiveXperts Serial Port Component is built on top of the Microsoft serial device drivers. It uses these drivers. It neither replaces them, nor does it install any additional serial device drivers.
It's easy to distribute the Serial Port Component to many PC's. With a valid license it's just a matter of copying the AxSerial32.dll file, or AxSerial64 on a 64bit Windows, and registering it using 'regsvr32'. Regsvr32 is build-in in every supported Windows