Remote & Telnet
WinRAR is a powerful archive manager. It can backup your data and reduce size of email attachments, decompress RAR, ZIP and other files downloaded from Internet and create new archives in RAR and ZIP file format.
- Dialogs are centered inside of WinRAR window similarly to WinRAR 5.80 and not inside of entire screen as in WinRAR 5.90.
- When editing an archived file with external software, extra measures are taken to reduce the probability of interfering with editor and opening its temporary files while editor still may need them.
- "Version to extract" field in archive properties opened from Windows Explorer context menu provides the additional information about ZIP compression and encryption algorithms, such as LZMA or AES.
This information was already available in WinRAR "Info" command, but missed in archive information accessible from Windows Explorer.
- "MS DOS" and "Unix" host OS types are recognized and included for LZH archives in "Info" command. Previously the host OS field was always "Unknown" for LZH archive format.
- Files created by external editor and matching "Settings/Viewer/ Ignore modifications for" masks are never added to archive. Previously WinRAR still added them if some file not matching these masks was also created or modified.
- Bugs fixed:
- the main window size could be too small on the first run after clean install with no previous WinRAR version present;
- WinRAR could stop responding after editing an archived file with external software in Windows 10 version 2004.
- empty file names were displayed inside of some Unix LZH archives;
- WinRAR could not process more than 999 7z volumes in a single set;
- if user cancelled the user account control prompt after changing "Integrate WinRAR into shell" option, a new state of this option was displayed in "Settings" dialog, even though the actual state of shell integration was not modified;
BTSoftware BV is now partner of Unified Compliance
BTSoftware BV and Unified Compliance are now partners
BTSoftware BV has partnered up with IronSoftware
BTSoftware BV and Iron Software are now partners