VShell Server - Key Benefits
Whether your needs focus on remote access and administration or secure file transfer, the VShell server has a full range of capabilities that enable you to:
- Provide strong, multi-protocol security for data in transit
- Control user access to features and files
- Set up and configure the server easily
- Monitor and log events with automation support
- Tune licensing to your requirements with connection-based editions
Provide strong, multi-protocol security for data in transit. The Secure Shell protocol delivers proven, open-standard authentication, encryption, and data integrity that let you provide a wide range of services to your organization with confidence. Adding FTP over SSL on VShell increases your protocol choices.
Control user access to features and files. VShell gives you extensive controls to manage privileges for shell, file transfer and other services. Examples include access control lists and virtual root directories.
Set up and configure easily. VShell installs and runs right "out of the box". Windows setup and configuration is made easy by the graphical control panel. All platforms support remote configuration.
Monitor and log events with automation support. VShell triggers help you track and respond to events like failed logon attempts and uploaded files. Event logging supports security monitoring and regulatory compliance.
Use connection-based licensing to your advantage. VShell Administrator, Workgroup and Enterprise editions allow cost-effective licensing from one user to thousands. Adding the VShell FTPS edition gives you greater file transfer flexibility. Our support program includes expert technical support and regular maintenance releases.
VShell Server Editions
VShell Server is available in three editions designed to meet the needs of every size network and organization. VShell editions let you control costs by buying only the number of concurrent connections you need. All VShell editions offer the same advanced features. Whether you are the only one accessing a server for administrative tasks or you are providing remote access, secure file transfer, and data tunneling solutions for a large organization with multiple locations, there's a VShell edition that's just right for your needs.
VShell Administrator Server
VShell Administrator Server allows two concurrent client connections, and is designed primarily for remote system administration use.
VShell Workgroup Server
VShell Workgroup Server allows ten concurrent connections, and is intended to serve the needs of a substantial group of users.
VShell Enterprise Server
VShell Enterprise Server supports an unrestricted number of concurrent connections for a large user community.
Changes in VShell 4.3.1
- Command Line Utilities vcp/vsftp/vsh: A new command-line option --hostkeyalgorithm allows the host key algorithm to be specified.
- Windows: The VShell Control Panel could crash when the Common / LDAP page was used to open the settings for an LDAP server and the Base Distinguished Name browser was used to expand an item.
- Windows: When upgrading from 4.2.3 and later, if the Everyone group had access to the virtual root, and there was also at least one other virtual root, modifying one of the other virtual roots would unexpectedly remove the Everyone group from the virtual root, thereby making it appear as if there was only a single virtual root and causing access to the virtual root to be denied.
- Windows: The group box on the LDAP user/group picker was cut off on the bottom of the dialog.
BTSoftware for configuration and implementation support.
This software is subject to export control and may be transmitted, exported, or re-exported only under applicable export laws and restrictions and regulations of the United States Bureau of Export Administration or foreign agencies or authorities. By downloading or using the software, you are agreeing to comply with export controls.
VShell is now available for export to most individuals and organizations worldwide under the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) of the U.S. Bureau of Export Administration (BXA) governing strong encryption software. No restrictions apply to customers located in member states of the European Union (EU) and nine other countries. Restrictions apply to certain government users in other countries.
You will be asked to fill out an eligibility declaration before downloading.Note: In order to use VShell's SSH2 protocol support, you must have use an SSH2 client product like: SecureCRT or SecureFX. Both products work great with VShell.