Virtual Modem PRO
Virtual modem software
Virtual Modem PRO creates software virtual IP-modems using Eltima's branded virtual serial ports technology. All created virtual modems are mapped to virtual serial ports in your operating system. Virtual modems fully emulate real hardware modems and duplicate their functionality. However, virtual modems can do more, as they use Ethernet network, including Internet, VLAN and VPN instead of conventional telephone line.
The connection between such modems is much faster and more reliable than the regular connection via telephone line. Virtual Modem PRO is able to create up to 255 virtual modems that work exactly as real ones (supporting Hayes AT commands) by using TCP/IP protocol to establish connection to remote host.
Virtual Modem PRO highlights
Connection is faster and more reliable
The connection between virtual modems is much higher and more reliable than between hardware modems. It only depends on your processor speed. The average transmission speed is about 35 - 40 Kbytes/s.
255 virtual modems can be created
Forget about using regular hardware modems! Virtual modems act exactly like real ones and they also use TCP/IP protocol. Virtual modems behave exactly like real ones and applications will exchange data just like if they were using hardware modem. Free some space on your desk, stop spending money on new hardware modems and speed up the connection.
Send faxes using Virtual Modem PRO
Since version 3.0 Virtual Modem PRO emulates fax modems (Fax Class 1 protocol compliant). Now you may set up and use Windows Fax service or any third-party application to send/receive faxes from any host on the Internet without hardware modems! Save you money on purchasing fax machine and sending long-distance faxes by using fast and reliable virtual modems!
Full features list
- Create up to 255 virtual modems in your system
- Virtual Modems are absolutely the same copies of real ones - other applications will never see the difference between hardware and virtual modems.
- Hayes ("AT" commands) compatible
- Fully emulates Fax Class 1 modems
- Send faxes to any place on the Internet using virtual modems
- All major software fax applications are supported (Microsoft Fax/Ventafax/SnappyFax 2000/Mighty Fax)
- Standard modem S-registers are supported
- Link between Virtual Modems over the TCP/IP line is much faster than real null-modem cable connection and solely depends on your processor speed. Average transfer speed is about 35-40 Kbytes/sec
- Virtual link is much more reliable than common physical link
- Automatic virtual ports and modems creation during system boot (prior to user login)
- User friendly GUI and on-the-fly help. It is very easy to configure Virtual Modem PRO as ISP dial-up connection!