Remote & Telnet
Troi Activator Plug-in is a very powerful tool for triggering scripts across the network, even over internet. All from within FileMaker you can:
- trigger a FileMaker script on a different client computer
- trigger a FileMaker script over internet
- run a script and send data to a different FileMaker application, all in the background
- use the built-in security to prevent unauthorized triggering
- send a number (e.g. a record ID) and a long text with the trigger
- start and stop listening for remote trigger messages with one script step
Apart from remote triggering you can also trigger scripts on the same computer:
- run a script from any FileMaker calculation, for example a tooltip calculation
- trigger a script on a specified date and time
- schedule events which trigger any script you want
- trigger a script after exiting a field
- validate fields with a custom script suited to your specific validation needs
What is new for version 6.0?
- Tested and made compatible with FileMaker Pro 18.
- Tested and made compatible with macOS 10.15 (Catalina).
- Tested and made compatible with Windows 10 up to version 1909 (November 2019 Update).
- Added new Add Folder Trigger script step. It adds a folder action, which triggers a script when the monitored folder is changed.
- Added new Remove Folder Trigger script step. It removes a previously added folder trigger.
- Added new Actr_AddFolderTrigger function. It adds a folder action, which triggers a script when the monitored folder is changed.
- Added new Actr_RemoveFolderTrigger function. It removes a previously added folder trigger.
- Added a new FolderTrigger.fmp12 example file.
- (macOS) Added echo functionality to the HTTP server. The plug-in will echo back the HTTP request, including the method and headers used. This can help with debugging an HTTP problem. The response can be either plain text or HTML formatted. To get a plain text echo send the request to a URL like this:
To get an HTML formatted text send the request to a URL like this:
NOTE you need to change the URL to point to the Activator HTTP server.
TIP Use this functionality to test HTTP requests with custom headers you want to send with our Troi URL Plug-in.
- Updated HTTPResponse.fmp12 to demonstrate the new Echo functionality.
Other changes and improvements
- Fixed a problem in the HTTP server where an empty POST request would block until timeout.
- Small improvement to the HTTPResponse.fmp12 example file.
- Fixed a typo (a URL) in the trigger.html test page.
- Updated the EasyInstallTroiPlugins.fmp12 file, it can now remove the old Troi Activator Plug-in 4.5 without causing a crash. You no longer need to remove it manually.
BTSoftware BV is now partner of Unified Compliance
BTSoftware BV and Unified Compliance are now partners
BTSoftware BV has partnered up with IronSoftware
BTSoftware BV and Iron Software are now partners